Recommended changes to the character generator
Use this page to detail any current recommended changes to the next version of the chargen or rules.
This is more of a change for Obsidian but thought I’d put it here. Need to clean up the contacts list. There will be multiple entries. Though I know you have put some of the people in with their ratings to each player Ben. I also put them in my on characters contact list. That way I can have the one page up to use to view all of my contacts.
- Armor deterioration. I think we can just make it a -1 to the armor’s stats every time it is hit. For example. Person A with a P90 shoots person B with a Spectra Vest 6/4. The vest becomes 5/3. Burst fire. Vest becomes 3/1. Full auto with 10 bullets hitting shreds the armor. Allows the armor to have multiple use with deterioration, and burst/full auto will hurt the armor more. Also if it isn’t already in the rules. I think armor should be a at the end of damage calculation. So you take a full auto from a pea shooter that in total does 9 damage. The armor should reduce the total by its value and not every bullet. Would keep the math simple and the combat going with out always stopping.
- You cannot use Awesomeness to go first ahead of anyone with preempt against you, or to interrupt anyone with preempt against you. Basically, if someone has a gun pointed to your head, you can’t awesome your way out of it.
- Criticalling during a defensive melee roll gives you the chance at a free interrupt.
- Glitching during a melee attack gives them the chance at a free interrupt.
- Aimed shots during melee halves the To Hit Penalty for aiming at that area.
- New use for Awesomeness: use to reduce physical damage by half. This doesn’t affect the damage dealt for purposes of determining Serious Wound: for example, if you take 9 damage that would cause a SW, use a point of Awesomeness to reduce it by half (5), you take 4 damage. For purposes of determing a SW (and healing), you’re considered to have taken 9 damage from the hit anyway.
- You can permanently burn a point of used Awesomeness to use it again.
- Phil Collins is punishable by troll.
-* All drug crash times are a base 6 hours, less reduction.-
- Drug crash time is 12 hours per drug, less reduction.
- Grenade damage uses four increments now: Close, Short, Medium, Long. The damage is reduced by 25% for each range past Close. This should make it a lot easier to calculate grenade damage now.
- Some of the serious wound effects were a little severe for an ongoing player, so now there’s Untreated Serious Wounds (the ones we currently have) and Treated Serious Wounds, which have a reduced effect.
- Okay, new way of doing aiming: IRON SIGHTS: 1 AP. SCOPED AIMING: 2 AP. You don’t get the benefit of a laser while aiming, but for grenade launchers, you DO benefit by using a rangefinder and aiming.